Celebrating CTI: That's a Good Thing



One of my publishers first approached me with the idea of joining an online social network as a means to promote a new book. Although I was not exactly in love with the idea, I couldn’t argue against its modern practicality. After enjoying myself as a well-mannered guest (or at least I hope I was) in several “hot” communities, it seemed only fitting that I should take my turn as host at someplace like Creative Thinkers International located just over the rainbow.

Since its establishment, the community has developed far beyond any vision I had of it and now serves as an authentic point of global cultural reference and interaction. Over the past year, it has grown into a worldwide community of authors, artists, filmmakers, actors, musicians, readers, photographers, and ordinary everyday people. Moreover, it is home to quite a few Amazon widgets. Next month, from September 10-16, the community will celebrate its first anniversary in its own creative style with friendly blog funtests, poetry events, music, prize give-a-ways, and a great deal more.

What started off as a marketing checklist requirement evolved into this: “The purpose of Creative Thinkers International, also known as The CTI Initiative, is to help inspire creative responses to the challenges and the joys of twenty-first century life through all forms of writing, the visual arts, music, the social sciences, spiritual awareness, and philosophical inquiry.”

Idealistic? Maybe. Worthwhile? Definitely.

Aberjhani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dream to Book: How I Wrote Dreams of the Immortal City Savannah

The Year of James Baldwin Now in Full Classic Literary Swing (part 1) - by Aberjhani

THE EXTRAORDINARY TALENT OF BEAUFORD DELANEY